At the end of Shell Sliverstein's _The Giving Tree_, the boy, who is now a man, sits on the stump which is all that is left of the tree. Here is the stump of the tree from the courtyard. The rest of the tree has been taken away but the stump remains, as do some holes in the sidewalk. See June 30 for background.
Paul Fussell on Class: A Rather Dated Field Guide
-
Paul Fussell’s 1983 book Class: A Guide through the American Class System
was well-reviewed in its time, and remains influential. It also has plenty
of cri...
Sample uniformly within a fixed radius.
-
I was asked how to do this today and thought that I would share the answer:
*## Sample points uniformly within a fixed radius*
nrand*=*1000
maxstep*=*10
*...
Baking In Pajamas
-
I do some of my best work in my pajamas. There is creative momentum lost in
the act of getting dressed and presentable. This morning I woke with the
vision...
Happy Valentines Day!
-
Granola yogurt parfaits and heart shaped scrambled eggs for breakfast, Ivy
picked out an all-pink outfit for school, pancakes are mixed up for our
post-swi...
Everything's Snowier in Texas
-
Dear Al Gore,
Is it right to blame you for the snow currently falling in Houston? It's
Texas, after all, and a particularly sweaty part of Texas (I know, I...
Miss me?
-
Hello interwebs. Have you missed me?
Good news. We have started a family website.
Go here now!
Features abound! Will can post, dedicated photo albums and it...
No comments:
Post a Comment